Points of Pride
Meredith has a long and proud history of academic excellence. Here are some recent indicators of that excellence.
Meredith College ...
- ranks 3rd among best regional colleges in the South by U.S. News & World Report.
- ranks 9th for "Best Value" among regional colleges in the South by U.S. News & World Report.
- ranks among the top 20% of colleges in the country by Forbes.
- is one of the “Best Colleges in the Southeast” according to Princeton Review.
- was named “One of 4 Great Colleges in the Southeast” by StudentAdvisor.com.
- is among the “Top 50 Alma Maters of National Board Certified Teachers.” Meredith was one of only two private institutions in the U.S. to make the list, which is compiled by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- was named a 2013 Military Friendly School. This list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
- provides hands-on learning opportunities - 97% of students participate in internships, undergraduate research or another kind of experiential learning.
- prepares women to be leaders through 600+ student leadership opportunities.
- fosters global citizenship, with 33% of students studying abroad.
- supports critical thinking - 48% of students participate in undergraduate research with a faculty member (the national average is 21%).
- reaches out to the community - on average, our students contribute 10,000 hours of service each year to the community.
- fosters student learning with a 12:1 student/faculty ratio.
- has no courses taught by graduate students.
- offers fewer than 1% of classes with more than 50 students.
- has an average class size of 17 students.
- has committed and engaged faculty who conducted 140+ undergraduate research projects with students last year.
- is one of only two women’s colleges in the world with a School of Business accredited by AACSB International. Just one third of U.S. business schools and 5% of business schools worldwide are AACSB-accredited.
- holds the highest levels of program accreditation in education, social work, nutrition, music and interior design.
- prepares students to succeed - 90.3% of Meredith graduates are employed or attending graduate school within nine months of graduation.
- produces satisfied alumnae - of those surveyed, 96% would choose Meredith again, and 98% would recommend Meredith to others.
- provides an exceptional education - 90% of Meredith students rated their entire educational experience as good or excellent.