Technology today allows job seekers to easily connect with employers. With a click of a button, the impression that an employer has of you can be positive or negative. Correspondence with employers through email and through social media can impact your candidacy. Apply these tips when “talking” with
- Always respond – even if uninterested in the position/organization.
- Tailor your correspondence.
- Be professional – in tone, in language, in request, with email address, with voicemail, with signature line, with social media accounts.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread.
- Make the subject line of your emails count. Be descriptive.
- Use uppercase letters and lowercase rather than all caps or all lowercase.
More details can be found on our handouts page.