Biology / Scholarships
Each year, the department recognizes student achievement through awards and scholarships that are given to deserving students, including:
- Deborah K. Smith Award for Achievement in Biology for graduating seniors
- Tiana Nicole Williams Award in the Biological Sciences for graduating seniors
- John Yarbrough Awards: Outstanding Rising Junior, Senior in Biology
- Martha Nell Tucker Freshman Biology Award
- Martha Tucker Science Award
- GlaxoSmithKline Women in Science Scholars Program Scholarship
- Betty Hyatt Biology Scholarship
- Mull/Jackson/Mellette Scholarship
The Paschal Scholars Program provides a unique opportunity for talented students to pursue careers in mathematics, computer science, science, and engineering. Paschal scholars participate in a specialized learning community. Additionally, a mentoring program helps to prepare students for careers in industry, government, and education, as well as assists students in exploring options for graduate studies.
STEM at Meredith College
Pre-Health at Meredith College
Strong Story | Rimsha Afzal
At Meredith College, Rimsha Afzal, ’15, was able to pursue both of her passions: theatre and biology. Encouraged by her professors, Rimsha took on multiple roles in plays, leadership, and challenging internships, becoming even stronger in the process.
Contact InformationFrancie Cuffney
Head, Department of Biological Sciences
103 Science/Mathematics Bldg.
Department of Biological Sciences »