- GRADUATE HOME
- CURRENT STUDENTS
Master of Arts in Teaching / Admissions
All applications for admission to the Master of Arts in teaching program are considered ready for review after the following materials listed have been submitted to the Graduate Studies Office:
- Completed online or paper application; nonrefundable $60 application fee or waiver required. Online payment is available via paypal.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, in sealed envelopes or sent electronically from the institution directly to Meredith College.
- Two completed recommendation forms from professionals who can speak to your work ethic or academic ability within your area of work or study, available to submit electronically through the online application portal or in printable form.
- Official report of scores of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), mailed directly from the Educational Testing Service, target score of 148 verbal and 150 quantitative, with analytical score of 4.0. GRE Waiver request available.
- Statement of Work Experience (resume or C.V.).
- Responses to essay questions.
International and permanent resident applicants must also submit:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, mailed directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). Scores must not be more than one year old, unless the student has been enrolled full-time in an accredited American college or university in the interim. Except in cases where English is their native language, international applicants must submit satisfactory TOEFL scores. The TOEFL Bulletin of Information is available at American embassies and consulates, or can be obtained by writing: TOEFL, CN 6155, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6155.
International students must also present copies of the following forms to the Graduate Studies Office:
- I-94 card, Arrival/Departure Record
- Alien Registration Number (permanent resident only)
- Financial statement showing resources for a one year period
- Proof of health insurance
Applicants holding F-1 visas must list the school or college they have permission to attend and submit a copy of their current I-20 form. The college will assist them in the preparation of a new I-20 form, if applicable. Admission of an international student who requires an F-1 visa is conditional until the proper visa is obtained. A student must be admitted to the graduate program to receive an I-20.
Once a complete application has been received, you may be contacted to schedule an interview.
April 1 (Summer & Early Fall decision)
June 1 (Final Fall decision)
November 1 (Spring decision)
Please mail all materials to:
Graduate Studies Office
3800 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607-5298
Thank you for your Interest!
You can connect with a graduate admissions counselor in a variety of ways—choose the one that’s most convenient for you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Strong Story | Larissa Bryant
Larissa Bryant, ’13, earned her MAT at Meredith College. She was well prepared to become a teacher and to have a positive impact on her students’ future. Since graduating, she has received ongoing support from professors, which has only made her a stronger teacher.