- GRADUATE HOME
- CURRENT STUDENTS
Master of Arts in Teaching / Home
When you're ready to teach, go strong. The Meredith M.A. in Teaching.
Meredith has long been known for educating outstanding and dedicated teachers. The Meredith Master of Arts in Teaching is no exception, serving college graduates – both men and women – who do not hold a teaching license but want to become teachers. The program offers all of the benefits of a Meredith education. Small classes. A collaborative learning environment. Hands-on professional development.
Our Raleigh-based M.A.T. degree program is one of the region's strongest. Our graduates have a 100% pass rate on the Praxis exams. And schools are known to seek out and hire Meredith-trained teachers. Meaning all program graduates who pursue teaching positions get hired.
With concentrations in high-need areas – health and physical education, elementary education, English as a second language, and special education – the Meredith M.A. in Teaching will prepare you to enter the classroom and make an immediate impact.
Program Quick Facts
- Accredited by NCATE (now CAEP)
- 39 credit hours (13 courses)
- Coeducational program open to men and women
- Classes meet in-person on Meredith’s campus
- Courses are scheduled from 5-7:50 p.m. in the fall and spring semesters and 5:00-8:30 p.m. in the summer session. Courses meet one per week during the school year, twice per week in the summer
- MAT Fast Track and MAT Flex Plan options available
- MAT Fast Track degree seekers complete the degree in 15 months
- MAT Flex Plan is designed to provide more flexibility for degree completion and should be developed with advising from the program coordinator
- Admission deadlines are April 1 for summer and early fall decision, July 1 for final fall decision and November 1 for spring decision
- Total tuition is $22,035 ($565 per credit hour) plus additional program fees
Thank you for your Interest!
You can connect with a graduate admissions counselor in a variety of ways—choose the one that’s most convenient for you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Strong Story | Larissa Bryant
Larissa Bryant, ’13, earned her MAT at Meredith College. She was well prepared to become a teacher and to have a positive impact on her students’ future. Since graduating, she has received ongoing support from professors, which has only made her a stronger teacher.