Theatre / Careers
Graduates of Meredith’s theatre program have gone on to pursue graduate study, become theatre teachers in public school systems or perform in award-winning productions on and off Broadway.
- MA in theatre education, Emerson College
- MFA in Costume Design, University of Georgia
- MFA in Costume Design, California State University Long Beach
- Post-baccalaureate program at the Kennedy Center with playwrights Marsha Norman and Paula Vogel
- Acting certificate program at the Meisner Technique Studio, San Francisco
- Costumer, Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago
- Actor, Cincinnati Playhouse in Ohio
- Actor, N.C.’s prestigious outdoor drama The Lost Colony
- Actor, National tour of A Christmas Carol
What does it take to put on a play?
Associate Professor of Theatre Steven Roten takes you behind the scenes of a play that was produced at Meredith College.
Strong Story | Rimsha Afzal
At Meredith College, Rimsha Afzal, ’15, was able to pursue both of her passions: theatre and biology. Encouraged by her professors, Rimsha took on multiple roles in plays, leadership, and challenging internships, becoming even stronger in the process.
- Meredith Ensemble Theatre presents DECISION HEIGHT
- American Shakespeare Center: Taming of the Shrew
- American Shakespeare Center: Sense and Sensibility
Associate Professor of Theatre
134 Jones Hall