Student Resources / Home
La Tertulia, Meredith’s Spanish club, is composed of students interested in the languages and cultures of Spain and Latin America. Its purpose is to promote interest in the diversity of cultural and artistic representation of the Spanish-speaking world. It sponsors a variety of activities throughout the academic year, including dances, guest speakers and more.
Faculty Advisor: Debora Maldonado-DeOliveira
Phone: (919) 760-2870
Sigma Delta Pi
The National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society, Sigma Delta Pi, honors those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and the literature and culture of Spanish-speaking peoples.
The requirements for membership are:
- The completion of at least six credit hours in the 300-level of Spanish at Meredith or the equivalent
- Three credit hours earned by taking a 300-level literature course
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in Spanish studies
- A rank in the upper 35% of your class
- The completion of at least three semesters of your college career
Faculty Advisor: Astrid Billat
Phone: (919) 760-2296