English / Internships
English students are encouraged to supplement their course work with experience on the job. Internships and cooperative education placements help to develop entry-level skills and build portfolios. Internships can earn 1-4 hours of credit, depending on the number of hours worked per semester.
Meredith English students have worked as interns at a variety of locations, including:
- Cary News
- NC Center for Public Policy Research
- NC Museum of Art
- NC Museum of History
- NCSU Literacy Program
- News and Observer
- Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
- SAS Institute
In addition, students gain hands-on experience helping to write, edit and produce three publications: the Meredith Herald, the Colton Review and Oak Leaves.
Learn more about studying English at Meredith and how an English degree can prepare you for a career in any field.
Studying English at Meredith College
- Meredith Ensemble Theatre presents DECISION HEIGHT
- American Shakespeare Center: Taming of the Shrew
- American Shakespeare Center: Sense and Sensibility