Meredith College Dance: Celebrating 30 Years!
Dance has been a rich part of college history for much longer than 30 years with class offerings, a repertory dance company, and highly respected teachers. Indeed a foundation on which to build! This year we are celebrating the 30th anniversary of Dance as a distinct academic program with courses listed under the DAN prefix and the formation of Meredith Dance Theatre. A 30th Anniversary concert and Alumnae Gala will be held on Saturday, April 25th at 7:30 PM to celebrate.
Prepare for a life in motion.
- continue to train seriously in dance as a major, minor, or co-curricular student
- perform and choreograph as early as freshman year
- travel to conferences
- study with guest artists
- become a leader
- shape your life in dance based on your strengths and talents
- no audition for the major or minor
- Fall and Spring auditions for Meredith Dance Theatre
- Fall auditions Meredith Jazz and Tap Company
- Fall auditions for the Professional Performance Certificate
- Spring auditions for Freshman Travel Awards on Experience Meredith day
The dance studies major prepares students for
- dance education in public schools, private studios, and community settings
- arts administration and entrepreneurship
- not-for-profit board leadership
- work environments that value critical thinking, creativity, leadership, and adaptability
- graduate study in dance
- graduate study in many fields including administration, education, health, psychology, and somatics