Pre-Professional Programs / Pre-Health Programs
Interested in a career in health care? Students at Meredith may plan an academic program to prepare them for careers in:
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
There is no prescribed major for the health professions—any recognized college major is acceptable—but each professional school has specific admission requirements for science courses and clinical experience.
Department of Biology faculty Francie Cuffney and Karthik Aghoram coordinate Meredith’s pre-health advising. They provide guidance to students on scheduling the proper courses and obtaining clinical experience to meet the requirements of their chosen graduate or professional program. They also assist students as they navigate the admissions process.
Recent Graduate and Professional Program acceptances:
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
- The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Duke University Accelerated Nursing Program
- UNC-Chapel Hill Accelerated Nursing Program