Application materials for the Dietetic Internship at Meredith should be complete and submitted to DICAS (Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services) by the February 15 deadline.
Applications are considered ready for review after all materials listed have been submitted:
- Personal Statement
- DICAS Application Form
- Official transcript(s) Minimal, overall GPA of 3.0 is required
- Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement
- Application fee
Please note: the application fee is in addition to the DICAS and D&D Digital fees.
- TOEFL scores, for international students only
- Participation in National D&D Digital Systems Computer Spring Match
Applications should be submitted to DICAS
About the Requirements
Personal Statement (Letter format, 1000 word maximum)
Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why are you interested in Meredith College?
- Why are you interested in this internship pathway?
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended should be sent postmarked by the February 15 deadline to:
DICAS – Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement
- A valid Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement, signed by the applicant and the director of the didactic program in dietetics (DPD) at your college or university. A valid verification statement stating successful completion of an American Dietetic Association approved DPD must be submitted before the applicant can enter the internship.
Recommendations should be entered through DICAS
- Three are required, including one from the program director of your didactic program in dietetics; one from a professor in foods and nutrition or related area; and one from an employer or supervisor or a professor in foods and nutrition. If desired, the DPD Letter of Recommendation may be emailed directly from the DPD director to the DI Director, or it may be US Mailed along the Application fee to Meredith College. The DPD letter of Recommendation should include:
- The prospective intern’s ability of successfully complete the DI Program
- The prospective intern’s leadership abilities and potential
- A non-refundable application fee of $50, payable by check and made out to Meredith College.
- It is strongly recommended that you send your application fee with a trackable system such as FedEx, Registered US Mail or UPS. Applications received without an application fee payment will not be reviewed.
- Mailing Address:
Mrs. Cathie Ostrowski, MS, RD, LDN, FAND
Director, Dietetic Internship Program
Department of Nutrition Health & Human Performance
3800 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607-5298
TOEFL scores, for international students only
Participation in National D&D Digital Systems Computer Matching
- Prospective interns must participate in the National D&D Digital Systems Computer Matching. Meredith College participates in the Spring Match. Learn more about the D&D Digital Systems.
- Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- GRE scores may be submitted but are not required.
- Applicants must participate in the DICAS computer matching process.
Applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Overall and DPD GPA, grades for coursework in the professional area, sciences, behavioral and social sciences, and communication courses
- Quality of recommendation letters
- Quality of personal statement
- Quality and quantity of work and volunteer experience in the field
- Other extracurricular and volunteer activities, leadership, and honors/awards