Program Level Student Learning Outcomes:
By completing a rich, coherent general education program that promotes active inquiry, intellectual development, and civic engagement, a Meredith graduate will demonstrate
an understanding of self, others, and the world through
- knowledge of diverse historical events, literatures, and religious traditions,
- knowledge and use of social and behavioral sciences,
- knowledge and application of natural and mathematical sciences,
- creative expression and appreciation for the arts, and
- participation in physical activity and lifelong wellness behaviors.
the ability to analyze, evaluate, and discover solutions through
- critical reading and thinking skills,
- quantitative skills, and
- creative and collaborative problem-solving skills.
effective communication through
- skill in writing for a variety of purposes,
- facility in oral expression, and
- competence in a foreign language.
recognition of ethical and responsible behavior in society, the global community, and the natural world through
- an understanding of human cultural diversity,
- the ability to reason and act ethically, and
- knowledge of current global problems.
an understanding of the complex nature of knowledge through
- investigation of issues from more than one disciplinary perspective,
- fluency with technology and information literacy, and
- a desire to engage in lifelong learning.
Forms & Applications
Course Level Learning Outcomes
Skills and Experience