What makes Meredith strong?
We could answer that question any number of ways: Our 19,000 graduates who are going strong across the country and around the world. Our smart students who are engaged in research, service learning, studying abroad and preparing to make a difference in their communities. Our talented faculty and staff who make Meredith College stronger every day with their unwavering commitment to Meredith's mission. All going strong.
- Ranks 6th among regional colleges in the South, and 9th for "Best Value" by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranks among the top 20% of colleges in the country by Forbes.com
- Is one of the “Best Colleges in the Southeast” according to The Princeton Review
- Has been named a "College of Distinction"
- Among the “Top 50 Alma Maters of National Board Certified Teachers.” Meredith was one of only two private institutions in the U.S. to make the list, which is compiled by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Named a 2013 Military Friendly School. This list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
StrongPoints is a defining element of the Meredith College educational experience. Through this unique advising model, students identify their strengths using a research-based assessment tool. Then, throughout their four years at Meredith, they examine how those strengths can help shape their academic goals, experiential involvement, financial planning, and career choice. The result is a stronger college experience - and preparation for a more successful and fulfilled life.
- 12:1 student/faculty ratio
- 91% of full-time professors hold the doctoral or terminal degree in their field
- Average class size of 17 students
- Over 95% of freshmen receive financial assistance
- Meredith funded more than $15.7 million in scholarships and grants for students in 2013-14.
- Meredith coordinates nearly $44 million in financial assistance in annually
- 98.5% of Meredith graduates are employed or attending graduate school within nine months of graduation.
- 93% of graduates would choose Meredith again, and 97% would recommend Meredith to others.
- 97% of recent Meredith graduates were very satisfied with their academic experience