Research Planning & Assessment / Accrediting Agencies
Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) - Meredith College accredited 2010
Meredith College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Meredith College.
The Commission should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.
Program Accreditations and Approvals
The college maintains the following program accreditations:
- Undergraduate and graduate programs in business (business administration and accounting) are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) (2015).
- The BS in Food and Nutrition, the post baccalaureate Dietetic Internship Program, and the Master of Science in Nutrition (dietetics concentration) are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (2011, 2011, 2016).
- The BSW degree is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) (2012).
- The Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) accredits the BA in Interior Design (2014).
- The National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) accredits the BA in Music and the Bachelor of Music Education programs (2014).
- All teacher education programs are accredited under the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards through the CAEP accreditation system (2016).
The college has approval of programs from the following agencies:
- The North Carolina State Board of Education and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (initial and advanced teacher licensure programs) (2016).
- American Bar Association (post-baccalaureate, non-credit Paralegal Program) (2012)
C. Dianne Raubenheimer, Director of Office of Research, Planning and Assessment
Johnson Hall third floor, 308
Fax: (919) 760-8606