Chartered in 1891, Meredith College opened with just over 200 women. Today, our student body has grown to nearly 2,000 and includes men at the graduate level. Meredith challenges students to explore their interests, expand their skills, and build on their strengths. Our graduates go on to use their intellect and abilities to make a positive impact on the world. At 126 years and counting, Meredith College is still going strong.
- Students come from 33 states and 39 countries
- Total enrollment: 1,949
- Graduate enrollment: 270
- Multicultural students: 27%
- Over the past three years, 95% of graduates are employed or pursuing graduate study within a few short months of graduation
- 96% of our graduates would choose Meredith again, and 99% would recommend Meredith to others.
- 98% of our graduates were satisfied with their academic experience
- Graduates living in all 50 States and abroad: 22,000
- According to U.S. News, Meredith College has been consistently ranked both a top regional and national college, and was ranked in the top 25% of liberal arts colleges in the country by high school counselors
- Ranked among the top 20% of colleges in the country by Forbes.com
- One of the “Best Colleges in the Southeast” according to The Princeton Review
- A Top Ten College in North Carolina according to USA Today College
- One of the Best Women's Colleges in the U.S. according to BestColleges.com
Academics and Special Programs
- The Undergraduate Research Program supports student/faculty partnerships in the pursuit of research and creative activity in all fields. College funds underwrite travel costs for students presenting their work at conferences.
- Study abroad options include a semester-long program in Sansepolcro, Italy, with additional opportunities worldwide including Costa Rica, Iceland, and France.
- Honors program offers special classes, individualized study and research, travel opportunities, and enrichment activities.
- Internships and Cooperative Education are available in all areas of study.
- Dual degree engineering program offered in partnership with NC State University.
- Undergraduate student-faculty ratio is approximately 12:1.
- Average class size is 17.
- 130 full-time teaching faculty members.
- 89% of full-time professors have earned doctoral or other terminal degrees.
Campus and Facilities
- Meredith College is located in Raleigh, North Carolina’s capital city. More than 115,000 college students reside in the Research Triangle Park area, the country’s premiere research and development hub.
- Historic 225-acre campus includes a 1,200 seat amphitheater on a lake, seven residence halls and student apartments, student center, indoor swimming pool and fitness center, athletic field and track complex.
- Carlyle Campbell Library has more than 190,000 volumes, 16,000 microforms, and 3000 newspaper and journal subscriptions.
- Science and mathematics building includes unique classroom settings, specialized labs, and a telescope observatory deck.
- Meredith Avenging Angels compete in eight NCAA Division III sports: lacrosse, basketball, soccer, volleyball, tennis, softball, cross-country, and track & field.
- A member of the USA South Athletic Conference since 2007, Meredith has claimed two tournament titles in lacrosse and one in soccer and tennis; two regular season championships in soccer and one in volleyball; and three cross country championships. In 2015, Meredith was awarded the USA South Women's President's Cup.
- Meredith sponsors frequent lectures, juried student exhibitions, an active concert schedule, and exhibitions featuring professional artists.
- Students participate in theatre and dance performance troupes and a variety of vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Leadership programs include Sophie Lanneau Women’s Leadership Development Program and the LeaderShape® Institute.
Accreditation and Degrees
- Meredith College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097; telephone 404-679-4501) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Meredith is also accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Council on Social Work Education, Council for Interior Design Accreditation, North Carolina State Department of Public Instruction, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the American Dietetic Association, and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International.
Tuition and Financial Assistance
- Tuition and fees for full-time undergraduate students in 2017-18 is $35,916, with room and board at $10,718, for a total of $46,634.
- $51.7 million in financial assistance is coordinated by Meredith annually
- Over 300 endowed scholarships are available to Meredith students