Meredith College, grounded in the liberal arts and committed to professional preparation, educates and inspires students to live with integrity and provide leadership for the needs, opportunities and challenges of society.
Meredith College is respected nationally as a vibrant learning environment in which students enhance their strengths, broaden their perspectives, and prepare for lives of impact and distinction.
The Meredith College community is dedicated to core values drawn from Meredith’s mission and heritage, including its founding as a women’s college by North Carolina Baptists.
These values serve as the foundation for our programs, our interactions with each other and our outreach beyond the campus:
- Integrity…upholding high standards of truth and personal honor;
- Intellectual freedom…fostering a spirit of openness and inquiry, and respecting a range of perspectives and voices;
- Academic excellence…promoting scholarship, innovation, curiosity, intellectual challenge, hard work, and lifelong learning;
- Responsible global citizenship…contributing positive change through ethical leadership and civic engagement;
- Personal development…seeking intellectual, personal, and spiritual growth through structured and individual learning and experience;
- Religious diversity…avowing the College’s Christian heritage while respecting all faiths and spiritual beliefs; and
- Relevance…meeting society’s needs by educating students in programs that prepare them for the future.
Approved by the Meredith College Board of Trustees – Updated 6-1-13