Remain calm and ACT—DON’T REACT!
Seek refuge away from windows.
Call 8888 if assistance is necessary.
In the event of a hurricane watch or warning in the Raleigh area, Meredith College will take the following hurricane preparedness measures.
The dining hall is making plans to provide services in case of severe weather in Raleigh. Meredith residence life staff members have reviewed inclement weather procedures and residence directors are equipped with flashlights, cellular phones, etc.
If a hurricane or tropical storm is predicted, take the following measures prior to the storm's approach:
Commuter Information: If needed, commuter students can make arrangements to seek shelter on campus during the storm. Commuter students who need to seek safe shelter from their current residence should contact the Residence Director on Duty at (919) 612-6350 to be assigned a temporary space in a Meredith residence hall. Please bring a sleeping bag and/or blanket, a pillow and toiletries.
1. Stay inside.
2. Watch out for falling objects.
3. Crawl under a table or desk or stand in a doorway and hang onto something.
4. Do not use open flame.
5. Do not use phones or elevators.
6. Remain calm and be prepared for aftershocks.
7. If evacuation is ordered, proceed to the designated assembly area.