Emergency Procedures / Crime Prevention Tips
Crime Prevention Tips
- Always lock your office, car and room door(s) when you leave (even if only for a few minutes).
- Avoid walking or jogging alone.
- Avoid poorly lighted areas.
- Engrave identification number on valuables. Keep a record of all credit cards and property serial numbers. Campus Police will engrave your valuables if you request it.
- When walking at night to a parking lot, have your keys ready so that you can get into your car quickly without attracting attention. Be aware of what is going on around you.
- Do not leave keys in your vehicle or valuables in view. Lock all valuables, cellular phones, radios, sporting equipment, camera, briefcase, luggage, etc. in the trunk.
- Never leave wallets, purses, book bags, etc. unsecured or unattended.
REPORT ALL THREATS AND SUSPICIOUS PERSONS IMMEDIATELY.
Ann Gleason, chair of Meredith’s Incident Response Team