1) Rigorous academics. Our academic programs will challenge you to grow intellectually. In partnership with our committed and knowledgeable faculty, you can engage in undergraduate research, even as a freshman. Our honors program offers students enhanced courses as well as travel and research opportunities. You’ll receive a balanced education that grounds you in the liberal arts while it prepares you to excel professionally.
2) An ideal location. Meredith’s prime location near downtown Raleigh and the Research Triangle Park offers abundant opportunities for relevant internships and research, and with more than 115,000 other college students in the area, there’s always something fun happening. On campus, nearly 100 clubs and organizations offer a great way to make friends and get involved.
3) A personal approach. Our personal connection with each student means you’ll have the backing you need to achieve your goals. With an average class size of 17, you’ll be known by name and your interests will be fostered. Support services include a learning center, experienced academic advisors and access to lifetime career planning. And, recent studies show that women’s colleges offer unique benefits you won’t find at co-ed institutions.
4) We’ll expand your outlook. More than a third of our students study abroad, many of them at our permanent location in Sansepolcro, Italy. Reading student travel journals is a great way to get a feel for what it’s like to study abroad. Here at home, our leadership development programs will help you discover your own unique style of leadership.
5) We’re a great value. College is a significant investment of both time and resources. Our financial assistance team is available to help you and your family make college affordable – 95% of Meredith students receive some type of financial assistance. And our reputation for academic excellence will ensure that you feel confident in your investment.
6) We prepare you to succeed. According to our most recent class survey, 98.5% of our graduates are employed or attending graduate school within nine months of graduation. With hands-on learning that includes service opportunities, study abroad and internships, our graduates are prepared to succeed in today’s global economy. And research shows that women’s college alumnae feel better prepared both for first jobs and career advancement – they’re also more likely to complete graduate study.
7) You’ll find your place. Our supportive community and programs like First Year Experience help you make a smooth transition to college. And you’ll join a network of more than 19,000 alumnae who offer friendship and connections that remain long after you’ve graduated.
8) Our students say it best. Watch some of our videos to hear what our students have to say about their experience. Even better, schedule a visit and hear from students in person.